- Do Things That Don’t Scale. Startups take off because the founders make them take off.
- Startup Guidebook. Startup advice from many YC partners distilled into one document.
- How to Start a Startup. Build something users love, and spend less than you make.
- Essentials for Startups. What experts at YC consider the most important, most transformative advice for startups.
- Why Smart People Have Bad Ideas. A hacker who has learned what to make, and not just how to make, is extraordinarily powerful.
- Startup Ideas. The way to get startup ideas is not to try to think of startup ideas.
- Ideas for Startups. The initial idea is not a blueprint, but a question.
HOW TO STAY ALIVE
- How Not To Fail. Jessica Livingston’s keynote from our third annual Female Founders Conference.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. You have to keep trying new things.
- The 18 Mistakes that Kill Startups. If you avoid every cause of failure, you succeed.
- The Hardest Lessons for Startups to Learn Some things about startups are kind of counterintuitive.
- How Not to Die. Startups run on morale.
- ArsDigita: From Start-Up to Bust-Up. Within a few weeks of Allen’s arrival, I found people telling me that I had no power at all.
- How to Fund a Startup. Venture funding works like gears.
- The Hacker’s Guide to Investors. Hackers don’t know how little they know about this strange world.
- How to Present to Investors. Explain what you’re doing and why users will want it.
- The Equity Equation. You should always feel richer after trading equity.
- A Fundraising Survival Guide. Founders have to treat raising money as a dangerous process.
- The Venture Capital Squeeze. Why not let the founders have that first million, or at least half million?
- Elements of Sustainable Companies What a top VC firm looks for, and the format they want to see it in.
- How to write a killer deck, and get funded. Your presentation is one of the first steps to articulating your idea.
- Valuation. It is much better to think of a venture capital deal as a loan plus an option.